Marta Systems’ SKYTAP(sm) Weather Data Service is a multi-tiered subscription service which delivers all types of weather data to your Yosemite system over the Internet using a secure, proprietary data transfer protocol.
SKYTAP(sm) is one of the many weather data sources that is compatible with our Yosemite meteorological software suite. SKYTAP’s unaltered raw data can also be used with your own application.
You select which data you need, and how often to retrieve it, and your system stays automatically updated with the latest available weather data without any further intervention. Data transfer occurs at high speed using lossless data compression.
SKYTAP(sm) reliability is assured through our implementation of redundant servers, data sources, multiple separate high-speed internet connections, 24-hour monitoring and alerting systems, and redundant backup power systems.
SKYTAP(sm) Data Service Tiers:
Click a Heading for information on the topic.
NEXRAD Weather Radar
- Hi Res Base Reflectivity – 6 tilts
- Hi Res Base Velocity – 6 tilts
- Composite Reflectivity
- Digital Hybrid Scan Reflectivity
- Digital Precip Array
- Digital Storm Total Precip
- Enhanced Echo Tops
- Echo Tops
- HiResolution Vertical Integrated Liquid
- One-hour Precip
- Radar Coded Message
- Storm Relative Velocity (6 tilts)
- Storm Tracking Info
- Storm Total Precip
- Velocity Wind Product (VWP)
Weather Satellite Imagery
- Aviation products such as Sigmets, Airmets, Pireps, Aireps, METAR, TAF, winds aloft
- Synoptic observations from surface, ships and buoys
- Watches and Warnings
- Tropical Storm reports
- Rawindsonde Reports
- Marine reports and CMAN observations
- Earthquake reports
- Volcanic Eruption reports
- … and much, much more
Gridded Model Data
- GFS (Global Forecast Model, used to be called the “Aviation” model)
- NAM (North American Model)
- RUC (Rapid Update Model)
- Global WindWave
- UKMET (United Kingdom Meteorological Model)
- Sea Surface Temps